PAGE UPDATED March 10,2020
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Check the list of things that kill virus.
Info about the COVID-19 from listener and https://gosun.co/blogs/news
“Take this seriously.
The virus is not stopped by panic, but by intelligence.
We’ve been watching COVID-19 very closely at GoSun and we are committed to your health, resilience and independence (a.k.a. we really don’t want you going to the hospital). Although GoSun is not medically trained to provide advice, we are happy to receive and transmit this clear, simple and accessible information that accurately describes what the virus is like and how it can be prevented. Here’s some great advice we found from doctors on the front line:
- The simplest way to distinguish Coronavirus from a Common Cold is that the COVID-19 infection does not cause a cold nose or cough with cold, but it does create a dry and rough cough.
- The virus is typically first installed in the throat causing inflammation and a feeling of dryness. This symptom can last between 3 and 4 days.
- The virus typically then travels through the moisture present in the airways, goes down to the trachea and installs in the lungs, causing pneumonia that lasts about 5 or 6 days.
- Pneumonia manifests with a high fever and difficulty breathing. The Common Cold is not accompanied, but there may be a choking sensation. In this case, the doctor should be called immediately.
- Experts suggest doing this simple verification every morning: Breathe in deeply and hold your breath for 10 seconds. If this can be done without coughing, without difficulty, this shows that there is no fibrosis in the lungs, indicating the absence of infection. It is strongly recommended to do this control every morning.
- The virus hates heat and dies if it is exposed to temperatures greater than 80°F (27°C). Therefore hot drinks such as infusions, broths or simply hot water should be consumed abundantly during the day. These hot liquids kill the virus and are easy to ingest.
- Avoid drinking ice water or drinks with ice cubes.
- Ensure that your mouth and throat are always wet, never DRY. You should drink a sip of water at least every 15 minutes. WHY? Even when the virus enters water or other liquids through the mouth, it will get flushed through the esophagus directly into the stomach where gastric acids destroy the virus. If there is not enough water, the virus can pass into the trachea and from there to the lungs, where it is very dangerous.
- For those who can, sunbathe. The Sun’s UV rays kill the virus and the vitamin D is good for you.
- The Coronavirus has a large size (diameter of 400-500 nanometers) so any face mask can stop it, no special face masks are needed in daily life.
- If an infected person sneezes near us, stay 10 feet (3.3 meters) away to allow the virus fall to the ground and prevent it from falling on you.
- When the virus is on hard surfaces, it survives about 12 hours, therefore when hard surfaces such as doors, appliances, railings, etc. are touched, hands should be washed thoroughly and/or disinfected with alcoholic gel
- The virus can live nested in clothes and tissues between 6 and 12 hours. Common detergents can kill it. Things that cannot be washed should be exposed to the Sun and the virus will die.
- The transmission of the virus usually occurs by direct infection, touching fabrics, tissues or materials on which the virus is present.
- Washing your hands is essential. More details about GoSun’s portable sink coming very soon.
- The virus survives on our hands for only about 10 minutes. In that time many things can happen, rubbing the eyes, touching the nose or lips. This allows the virus to enter your throat. Therefore, for your good and the good of all, wash your hands very often and disinfect them.
- You can gargle with disinfectant solutions (i.e. Listerine or Hydrogen Peroxide) that eliminate or minimize the amount of virus that can enter the throat. Doing so removes the virus before it goes down to the trachea and then to the lungs.
- Disinfect things touched often: cellphone, keyboard, mouse, car steering wheel, door handles, etc
Please share this information with family, friends and acquaintances. We must take care of ourselves, for our good and the good of others. “
Coronavirus Disease 2019 – Latest info from Government is at the links above. So most important thing is that we do not live in fear and that we pray and believe Psalm 91 over us and our friends and family.
However, we all need to use common sense and do what we can physically to protect ourselves. Frequent washing of hands with soap and water, or using a sanitizer with alcohol concentration between 60–95%, seems to be the best way to help prevent spreading this virus to others. Also, building up your immune systems would be a practical thing to do. We have added some links below as examples of what we can use. We do not endorse these links, or receive any money for recommending them, but value the info provided. Some of you may prefer to use Essentials Oils and some others may want to use Herbal supplements. Some of you prefer to Pray and Believe only. We all need to hear the Lord’s voice and do the best we can for making these decisions.
Whatever you choose to do, we would advise you not to wait as this virus is already raising prices of hand sanitizers and many other products. This virus is already affecting our way of life and it is affecting our economy and will continue to do so. Therefore, we want to be wise stewards and give you some options.
Make your own Disinfectant
Make your own Hand Sanitizer
Lots of Info and about Essential Oils
Boost your Immune System
Toilet Paper shortage? Baby Wipes or Tissues with Lotion make good substitutes in a pinch. Or, just use paper towels (or some other kind of paper) with your own coconut oil or virgin Olive oil to make them softer.
PREPARATION UPDATE – April 10, 2009
We have spent many teachings trying to warn the people of this world, both Christian and non-Christian about what is happening in this world and how to prepare both spiritually and physically. Many do not believe in physical preparation, but we see in Scripture the examples of Noah, Joseph, the ten virgins with lamp oil, and the Good and faithful servant just to name a few. Scripture references are provided at the end of this writing.
God is ultimately in charge of your spiritual and physical survival and eternal destiny. Many do not accept either method of preparation. We have decided to provide some web sites and contact information where we have gotten some valuable information. We do not endorse these contacts or claim they are the only places to get information. We do not get any financial reimbursement for recommending these contacts.
We face the threat and are experiencing things foretold in Scripture in various degrees. We do not have all the answers, but there are others who have done their homework. Whether it be earthquakes, famine, nuclear disasters, we need to be prepared both spiritually and physically. We consistently point everyone to Jesus who has all the answers, but we offer this practical information because we love you.
The most important book to have on hand would be the Holy Bible for your spiritual preparation. One should be included with your other items. Another Biblical reference book that would help would be the Strong’s Concordance. There are many other physical survival handbooks available for outdoors or indoor survival. I have several included with our preparation supplies. Some teach how to use herbs for herbs for healing. Here is a book that offers many check lists and would be a valuable asset to you in your preparation. The author has made over 200 medical mission trips. He has been in many different kinds of disaster situations.
“When All Plans Fail”
Be Ready for Disasters
by Paul R. Williams, M.D.
Mountain View Publishing LLC
P. O. Box 1315
Psgah Forest, North Carolina 28768
From my Internet research I found out that you can use Potassium Iodine, but it causes cancer in lab rats. Finding an outlet for Potassium Iodate is much more limited.
35286 Boone Hollow Rd.
Lowell, Ohio 45744
This site has information about fall out shelters and much more, but sells only Potassium Iodine.
212 Oil Patch Lane
Gonzales. Texas 78629
Emergency Food and Preparation – Freeze Dried and Dehydrated Foods – Super Greens and Protein Powders
These sites offer a variety of items.
Camping & Survival
Toll Free: (800) 537-1339 Ext 222 or 223
Local: (315) 592-4794 Ext 222 or 223
28 W First St South • Fulton, NY 13069
653 N. 1500 West
Orem, UT 84057
1800-999-1863 (ask for Catalog)
130 Lexington Parkway
Lexington, NC 27295
Swanson Health Products
P.O. Box 6003
Fargo, ND 58108-6003
Great canned meat from the US – tastes great!
3585 Harding Hwy
Lima, OH 45804
Fax: (419) 225-9860
Great Powder Soup Base does not need to be refrigerated. Can be purchased by the case from Walmart online. Comes in Chicken, Beef, Cream flavors. Can be purchased one jar at a time from most Walmarts.
Army Surplus and Survival and Camping Stores
There a few more items we have added to our supplies that may not be on any of these lists.
• Wind up radios not needing batteries and shaker flashlights not needing batteries
• Water purification method that does not use electricity as this will be one of the first things to go
• Cheesecloth for straining the big clumps out of water before purifying
• Unscented Baby Wipes for washing your body, dishes, or in place of toilet paper. They take up less space and are already wet. Even if they dry out, they can be reactivated by just adding water.
• Silicone potholders or gloves or welding gloves for use by hot campfires
• Baby shampoo is good for washing body and hair because it rinses easily and is alkaline
• Bug and water proof storage containers
• Super Sealer is also a welcome item
• Hand grinders and choppers to grind fresh meat or grains
• Basic Seasonings and spices as you won’t be able to run to the store for these
• Lots of Salt to be used to preserve fresh meat, healing, bartering, and preservation of dead bodies
• Trash Bags & zip lock bags all sizes used for potty, garbage, bodies
• Magic markers waterproof to mark zip bags, containers, and bodies (dead or alive) with name and soc sec no., a path for others to follow on trees or rocks
• Board games for children and adults, coloring books including crayons, pens, pencils, paper, both lined and unlined
• Home-made fire starters and water proof matches – 6″ strips of newspapers rolled fairly tight, tied with string dipped in paraffin and old fashioned matches dipped in paraffin (stored in old prescription bottles with striking strip torn off box and stored inside.
• Prescription meds, Tylenol, Ibuprofen, allergy – can be transferred to small labeled zip bags to take up less room.
• OTC meds for burns, infections, bleeding, (septic pencil, sanitary napkins are great for padding wounds) heartburn, diarrhea, constipation, and allergies
• Kitty Litter for use in potty bucket or area – pot bucket can be a bucket formerly used for your freeze dired pouches of food
• Nylon Rope and other kinds of twine
• Mosquito netting
• Sterno stoves and sterno fuel cans – there are also heat burning cans as well
• Duct Tape (never enough of this)
• Plastic sheeting
• A few women’s nylon hose – Put a bar of soap in a nylon hose. Tie it to the handle of an empty milk jug filled with water. With another string, tie a small twig on a string to the handle. Poke a hole in the bottom front edge of the jug and stick the twig in it. With another piece of rope tie onto handle and hang in tree for sun to heat. Great way to have hand washing station. Pull out twig to let water flow. Adjust with loosening or tightening lid.
• Tip: Campfire ashes can be used to scrub the bottom of pots used on campfire.
The list can go on and on. Just pray for God to remind you of what you may need.
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.2 Timothy 3:1-7
(2) For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
(3) Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
(4) Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
(5) Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
(6) For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
(7) Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.Matthew 24:7-14
(8) All these are the beginning of sorrows.
(9) Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name’s sake.
(10) And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.
(11) And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
(12) And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
(13) But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
(14) And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
And Joseph said unto Pharaoh, The dream of Pharaoh is one: God hath shewed Pharaoh what he is about to do.Genesis 41:25
And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:Genesis 41:39-40
(40) Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.
Then shall the kingdom of heaven be likened unto ten virgins, which took their lamps, and went forth to meet the bridegroom.Matthew 25:1-5
(2) And five of them were wise, and five were foolish.
(3) They that were foolish took their lamps, and took no oil with them:
(4) But the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps.
(5) While the bridegroom tarried, they all slumbered and slept.
But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.Matthew 24:37-39
(38) For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
(39) And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.Matthew 24:42-47
(43) But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
(44) Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.
(45) Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?
(46) Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.
(47) Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.
A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished.Proverbs 27:12
The Lord’s Supper
We have done a lot of teaching and prophesying about the False Communion. This does not mean that we should not continue to practice the true sacrament of the Lord’s Supper or Communion in our own homes or fellowship groups. The following are suggestions for doing that. We need to remember the purpose of the Passover meal and the importance of trusting Jesus for everything we need in our lives as we realize the perilous times we are living in. When I prepare the sacrament I pray over myself for forgiveness, cleansing, anointing, and for the Lord to prepare the hearts of those who will be receiving it. We usually ask everyone to examine their own hearts before partaking, read the passage pertaining, and sing some praise music before, after, or both. After the sacrament is also a good time to anoint with oil and pray for individual healing. (Recipe found on the Internet)
Unleavened Communion Bread Recipe
1/8 C. Honey
1/8 C. Olive Oil
1/2 C. Water
1/4 t. Salt (sea)
Heat in sauce pan and mix well until it almost burns.
Add to that mix 1/2 C. Whole Wheat Flour and mix well.
Turn out onto floured board and knead until dough looks glazed.
Bake 20-30 minutes at 325 -350 degrees
This can be frozen and thawed when used later.
New Unleavened Bread Recipe
Communion Wine – Fruit of the Vine
There has always been much controversy about this, so we leave it to personal choice and prayer. If you choose to use real wine, it should be 1 part red wine mixed with 2 parts water as was the custom of the early church fathers. Or, you may use grape juice full strength. The point is to Remember Jesus.
And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.Luke 22:19-20
(20) Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.
New Recipe Below
Communion Bread Recipe I used: 1 Cup Flour, 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil, 2-3 Tablespoons Water. Press together to be flat. Bake at 400 degrees for about 15 min. or browned. You may want to alter it to suit yourself, but it worked pretty good for me.