The Hebrew word for “feasts” (moadim) literally means “appointed times.”
We gave up the world’s holidays when our children were teenagers. We knew there was something terribly wrong way back then. We advise our listeners to:
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.1 John 2:15-17
(16) For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
(17) And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth forever.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.Romans 12:2
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.John 17:15-18
(16) They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
(17) Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
(18) As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
What are the Biblical feasts?
Dates on calendars and even the names of feasts vary when doing research. However, we have tried to sort this out to the best of our ability.
- Find out what the Feasts are and how they were celebrated and why.
- Discover how Jesus fulfilled the Feasts.
- Pray for discernment, wisdom, and direction as to how the Lord wants you to celebrate the Feasts.
- Be careful not to get caught up in Jewish Traditions.
- Passover – (Pesach) – Exodus 12:1-28; Leviticus 23:5 Nisan 14 (Mar /April)
- Feast of Unleavened Bread – (Hag Hamazot) – Exodus 12; Leviticus 23:6 Nisan 15 (Mar / April)
- Firstfruits – (Yom HaBikkurim) – Leviticus 23:9-14 Nisan 17 (Mar / April)
- Feast of Weeks – (Shavuot) / Pentecost – Leviticus 23:15-22 Silvan 6 (May / June)
- Feast of Trumpets – (Rosh Hashanah) – Leviticus 23:23-25 Tishri 10 (Sept / Oct)
- Day of Atonement – (Yom Kipper) – Leviticus 16; 26-32 Tishri 10 (Sept / Oct)
- Feast of Tabernacles – (Sukkot) – Leviticus 23:33-43 (Feast of Booths)
Tishri 10 (Sept / Oct)
Here are some more articles about the feasts.
- The Feasts & Holidays of the Bible pamphlet, is concise and inexpensive and the most accurate we have found.
- Messiah in the Hebrew Feasts
(16) Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a holy day, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
(17) Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
Finally a Passover Lesson to answer your questions!
New Unleavened Bread with Variations
To visit her web site:https://www.southernplate.com/